1) I have an original oil painting in my possession by an artist not listed anywhere on your website. If I send you a picture, can you give me information on it, its history, and its value?
Due to an overwhelming number of requests received each day to this website, European Art Gallery does not provide appraisals for third party paintings. However if you are considering selling your painting and feel it might be of acquisition interest to us, you can email us digital images of the painting to email@example.com. Be sure to include photos of the front, back, and a close-up of the signature. Also provide any and all information regarding condition, size, and provenance and, of course, the price. If you are seeking a value for a work of art, try contacting the offices of Sotheby's or Christie's and ask to speak to a specialist.
2) I am looking for a watercolour, etching, drawing, print, gauche, tapestry, or sculpture by one of the artists I see listed on your website. Do you have any available or can you point me in the direction of someone who does have some available?
We focus exclusively upon original oil paintings by 19th and 20th century European artists. The other mediums listed are not our specialty and so we would not be your best resource for locating them.
3) I am a first-time buyer who loves the art I see on your website, but feel as if I don't have enough of an art background to make an informed purchase. What advice can you give me?
First and foremost, make sure you love a painting's aesthetic qualities. It is far and away the most important aspect of making a purchase. Once you know you love it, only then should you begin to evaluate the other factors such as the artist, investment potential etc.
4) How can I be confident that a painting I see at your gallery or on your website is a good long-term investment?
The paintings for sale at European Art Gallery, in addition to being beautiful, also represent solid long-term alternative investments. We are so confident of this that, uniquely, we assume the investment risk ourselves. Every painting in our collection is backed by our money back guarantee. Simply stated, we will always give you your money back if you return a painting to us in the condition in which you purchased it from us. Therefore, you can not lose money on any of our paintings. They are investments to be enjoyed.
5) Your address is listed on your website. If I simply show up at the address will you be available to give a personalized tour?
No. We operate on a by-appointment only basis, and either Danny or Mark Wettreich will arrange a mutually convenient time to give you a personalized tour, with added emphasis upon your specific areas of interest.
6) Why do you choose to operate by appointment only? How do I schedule an appointment?
Operating exclusively on a by-appointment-only basis enables us to customize each tour to fit the tastes of our clients. Please give us a telephone call at (972) 612-2806 to arrange for a private viewing.
7) Do the paintings on your website comprise your entire collection?
No, European Art Gallery has a dynamic collection of well over 300 original paintings, only a small selection of which are available on our website at a given time. In fact, some of our finest works will never make it on to our website so as not to overexpose them. If you like the style and quality of the works shown on our website, we encourage you to contact Mark Wettreich at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (972) 612-2806 to discuss the paintings and schedule a private tour.